Sold in bunches.
A parsnip’s flesh is always a creamy white. Parsnips have smooth skin with a sweet, nutty flavor and fine grained flesh.
Parsnips are a good source of folate, potassium and vitamin C. They also contain fiber, which is beneficial for digestion.
Store parsnip root as you would carrots, cool and dry for up to two weeks.
- parsnips, like carrots, may be used in sweet or savory preparations because of their high natural sugar content
- cook diced parsnips in milk and sugar until tender, then puree, strain and freeze into ice cream
- boil cooked parsnips until tender, then mash with butter and cream and blue cheese
- saute sliced parsnips with onions, tomatoes, and vegetable stock, then blend into soup
- thinly slice parsnip root, fennel and celery root, then toss with a lemon vinaigrette
We deliver weekly by cargo bike and electric car with zero emissions! We offer 6 delivery days per week in the L8P and L8R postal codes. 3 Days per week in the L8S postal codes and 2 days per week in the L8M, L8N, L8L postal code areas.
We are real people selling real products. We do our best to make sure all produce and fresh products go out in excellent condition. However, if you are ever not happy with a product, please let us know right away. Don't feel bad, we would rather develop a long term relationship with you, so we will always stand behind our products and services!